Rosacea is a common, yet debilitating, skin disease that can snuff out any bright personality with one flare-up. For those in the Livonia, Michigan area who are suffering from rosacea, contact a member of the team at Flawless Med Spa today to learn how Dr. Kalsi can help.
Rosacea Q & A
What Is Rosacea?
Rosacea often begins innocently, and it can look as if someone simply blushes more easily than other people; however, this is a disease that can grow into something much more embarrassing. The redness that rosacea causes can spread across the entire face, to the ears and even to the chest and back. There is more to rosacea than just redness, including:
- Visible blood vessels in affected areas
- Swelling and painful, acne-like breakouts
- Thickening of the skin that also has a bumpy texture
- Impact on the eyes, including redness, swelling and irritation
As the disease persists over time, those who suffer from rosacea often notice a permanent redness develop in their face.
How Can Flawless Medical Spa Help?
Flawless Medical Spa upholds the philosophy of treating the mind, body and spirit. Diseases such as rosacea impact all three. Dr. Kalsi is skilled at using traditional treatments that effectively reverse and prevent the impact of rosacea. Some common ways that this disease is treatable include: laser resurfacing and dermabrasion — both are available at Flawless Medical Spa. These treatments are painless and require no downtime. Patients can find relief and regain their confidence without having to plan for a recovery. Some treatments to consider include:
- Dermaplaning — A procedure in which the doctor gently exfoliates the top layers of the skin using a scalpel.
- Clear Lift Plus — A laser skin resurfacing treatment that is both quick and painless.
- Dye-VL Treatment — Uses light pulses to gently resurface the skin with results seen immediately.
For the many people who are walking through life suffering from rosacea, help from qualified doctors like Dr. Kalsi is available. To learn more about these treatments and their benefits, contact a member of the medical spa’s team today and make an appointment to see Dr. Kalsi.